For years, games have been entertaining us. From children to adults, no on can say no to playing video games. But, the gaming trends in today’s generation is far different from the previous times. The high-tech and new generation gaming consoles like PS4, Xbox, etc. have taken place of those simple but interesting games. With the rise in online gaming, people can now compete with their friends or strangers rather than playing alone.
You can actually live stream your own gameplay so that you can show that amazing games shot you pulled off to the other people of the world. Watch the gameplays of gaming experts and learn some techniques from them.And if not for learning new gaming techniques, people love to watch the gameplay of others just for fun.
But how? How do you live stream your gameplay? The solution is Twitch.Twitch is a great online portal where people can live stream their gameplay, watch others gaming, post reviews, share comments, connect with new people, compete with others and so on. It’s a huge community of gamers. And if you already know about Twitch but don’t know how to stream your gameplay on Twitch then this article is just for you. Here is the complete guide for streaming gameplays on Twitch from Xbox, PS4, and PC. So, let’s start discussing the steps to stream games online on Twitch from Xbox, PS4, and PC.
How to stream on Twitch on PC, Xbox and PS4
To let others watch your gameplay via Twitch is not that complicated task. Whether you want to stream on Twitch from PC, Xbox or PS4, all the steps are mentioned here.
Steps to Stream on Twitch for Xbox
First of all, we will get to know how can you stream on Twitch from your Xbox. Fortunately, the procedure to do the same is not at all complicated. The method is totally straightforward. So, to stream gameplays on Twitch from Xbox simply follow the below steps.
I. Things you will require
Well, you can’t directly jump to streaming your gameplay online via Twitch from Xbox, you will need to set some things up and only then you can connect to Twitch and go live. Here are the things you need to order to proceed the method further.
- Xbox controller.
- Your game.
- Xbox console
- Xbox one Kinect camera
- And of course, a stable internet connection.
II. Make things ready to stream on Twitch
After you have successfully arranged the required things and are ready to proceed further. It’s time to connect to the Twitch so that you can go live with your gameplay.
- The very first step is to create a Twitch account, For doing this, you can go to the official website of Twitch and create an account there. If you already have a Twitch account proceed to the next step.
- Now, login to the gold account of your Xbox and download the Twitch app.
- In order to make your online presence from the Xbox, you need to change the live profile settings from “See if you are online” to “Everyone”. Also, at the place of “Broadcast gameplay” you need to set it as “Allow”. This will ensure our online presence so that everyone can watch your game play live on Twitch
- After that, in privacy and online safety section, simply set “Share content made using Kinect” as “Allow”.
- Next step is to check the “Allow broadcast and game DVD uploads” option.
- The last step is optional. If you want to enable the chat function on your Twitch live stream then you should enable “Kinect on” and “use Kinect audio for chat” which you can find under Kinect section.
III. Go live
Now that you have set up everything, let the fun begin. You can now go live to show your gameplay to the world. For this, simply open the Twitch app on Xbox and select “start broadcast”. That’s it, your gameplay with go live instantly. You can also customize the settings in order to make your live streaming more attractive. Adjust the audio settings for your broadcast or even toggle the picture-in-picture option.
How to Stream on Twitch for PS4
To stream your gameplay from PS4 is less complicated. Let’s get to know, how to live stream on Twitch via PS4.
I. Things needed
- Your Game
- A stable internet connection.
- Playstation Camera
- PS4 controller
- PS4 console
II. Connect to your Twitch account
If you have a Twitch account already then you can setup the whole thing and start streaming your gameplay within a very short time.
- First of all, start your game play and press the share button.
- Now, you need to select your broadcast gameplay option and select Twitch as the service to live stream the gameplay.
- After that, you need to select “Go to Twitch website” and after redirecting to the site simply log into your Twitch account. If you do not have a Twitch account already then you can also create one from your PS4 interface.
- You can even customize some advanced settings such as you can select the audio and video setting for the broadcasting and adjust the stream quality.
III. Go Live on Twitch
Well, all the things are set up perfectly and you are ready to live stream the gameplay via Twitch from the PS4. For this, simply press the share button on your PS4 controller, select broadcast gameplay, select Twitch and finally click on the broadcast button. Within a few seconds, you will go live and all your viewers can enjoy our gameplay live.
Steps to Stream on Twitch for PC
Well, it is not that easy to live stream your gameplay on Twitch via PC as it was on Xbox and PS4. But with the help of below steps, you can achieve this without much difficulty. One thing you should keep in mind before proceeding further is that not every PC is capable of streaming the gameplay online on Twitch. For this, your PC should contain at least 4 GB RAM, high-end Graphics Card, and a powerful processor such as second generation i5 or i7. If your PC has these minimum requirements, then only it will be able to live stream on Twitch.
I. Setup your Twitch Page
Before streaming your gameplay from the PC, the first thing you need to do is to setup your Twitch page.
- So, first, login to your Twitch account and if you do not have a Twitch account then create one.
- After that, simply click on the downward arrow icon on the top right corner of the window and from the drop-down menu option, select Dashboard.
II. Stream on Twitch by using OBS Software
The OBS Software is a freeware so, that you won’t need to spend money to use it. And the great thing is that it is compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac PCs. Follow the below steps to Twitch your gameplay by using OBS software.
- First, download and install OBS tool on your PC.
- Right-click on its icon and select the option “Run it as administrator”.
- After that, you need to navigate to the broadcast option of this software.
- Now, select the streaming service as Twitch on the new settings window. After that, click on the optimize option which you can find at the bottom left side of the menu.
- Once you have successfully specified the setting options then go back to your Twitch page and select Stream Key under the Settings section, click the show key button and copy the key.
- Now in the OBS software, simply paste the key you copied in key box and click OK.
Set up the stream scene and go live
- On the main window of OBS software, right click the Sources tab, select Add Button and then click on the game Capture option.
- It will redirect to a new window where you need to select the application or game which you are going to stream on Twitch.
- Now again on the main interface of OBS software, right-click on the source box. Here you can add some more features to the stream. Such as monitor capture will help you to select the screen which you want to stream and the video capture will work with the webcam.
- After that, preview the streaming and do some changes if needed.
- At last, simply click the Start streaming button on the OBS dashboard and enjoy live streaming on Twitch.
III. Stream by using Gameshow
Another software to broadcast your gameplay from PC to Twitch is Gameshow.
- So, download and open Gameshow software.
- Select the desired template and click next.
IV. Stream on Twitch by using Xsplit
- Download, install and open Xsplit on our PC.
- Now, from the top bar menu click on the Broadcast option and select Twitch.
- Then select the authorized option and enter your username and password of Twitch account.
- Specify the settings in Channel setup wizard and hit Finish button.